Sunday, February 10, 2013

Liberty Burger


A good friend recommended Liberty Burger to me.  They have two locations in Dallas, 5211 Forest Lane and 5181 Keller Springs Road.  Yesterday, my wife and I ventured South of the George Bush Turnpike and went to the Keller Springs location.


One of the first things you will notice on the menu is that it has a large selection of "specialty" burgers.




After much deliberation on burgers and sides, my wife and I decided we would order two burgers and split them with each other.  We ordered the Liberty Burger, which is their basic burger, but added cheese and bacon.  We also ordered the Nooner, which came with American cheese, Applewood-smoked bacon, ham, hashbrowns, a fried egg,  and ketchup.  Although I am usually not a huge fan of fried eggs, then ingredients melted together into a very pleasing burger.
The Nooner
The Nooner with an excited wife!

I also saw that they had a grilled cheese sandwich that came with Cheddar, American, Parmesan and Swiss cheese served with pickles on a healthy multi-grain bread.  You could also add bacon to the grilled cheese sandwich for an extra dollar.  I thought, bacon can only increase the flavor, so we ordered that too.  As good as the Nooner was, the grilled cheese sandwich might have been the best thing we tried there.  I highly doubt I will ever eat a grilled cheese that is this good.
Perhaps the best grilled cheese sandwich on the planet!  Bacon makes everything better.
For sides we went with the skinny fries and the Big O Rings.  The skinny fries were about average for fries, but still quite tasty.  The winner of the side wars definitely went to the Big O Rings, which were made steak house style with their house-made buttermilk batter.  They were great and the flavor only increased when you dipped these onion rings into their house chipotle ketchup.

Huge and delicious onion rings.
At this point, we could have easily stopped eating and been completely past full, but my wife's sweet tooth got the best of her and we decided to split a "personal" chocolate pie.  One person would have been hard pressed to finish the thing by themselves after eating burgers and sides.  In fact, we even left a couple of bites on the plate despite the fact it was delicious.  The meringue topping was piled high and cooked perfectly.  I particularly liked the dark chocolate filling, but my wife did not.  She is more of a milk chocolate kind of gal.

Personal Chocolate Pie
The restaurant was crowded, but not overly noisy.  It is also a great place to take the kids and there were many families eating there.  By the time we left there was a short wait for a table, but people seemed to get seated very quickly.  My wife and I both left with stomachs that were full and faces that had smiles on them.  She did have one question for me when we got back in the car.  She asked, "When can we go back?"

Liberty Burger
http://givemelibertyburger.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4

No comments:

Post a Comment