Sunday, November 3, 2013

Coppell Deli

When I first moved to DFW in 2002, Coppell Deli was one of the first restaurants that I visited with friends.  Throughout the years, I have eaten here many times and the food quality is always well above average.  Although they are famous for their burgers, they also make a mighty fine breakfast.  They even had a breakfast sandwich, The Stubbs, that made the 1994All-Madden team.  I recently had to run some errands in the area, so I decided I would visit Coppell Deli since I have not eaten her in a couple of years.
Dining Area
When you walk into Coppell Deli, you will not see fancy decorations or a lot of fluff.  They have a couple of TVs that are always turned on sports and walls decorated with Dallas Cowboy memorabilia.  I respect restaurants that focus more on food than the decor.  After taking a short look at the menu, I decided on the bacon cheeseburger combo.  It was a tough decision, because I am also a fan of their chili cheeseburger.
Bacon Cheeseburger
I sat down to watch football and after a quick ten minute wait, my order came up.  I sat down and dug in.  The burger was flavorful and had crispy vegetables.  The bacon, which was crispy but not overcooked, was the highlight of the burger.  The fries were piping hot and were cooked to perfection.  I don't believe they are fresh cut fries, but they are still better than fries you get at 90% of other burger joints.  
Crispy Fries
Although Coppell Deli has many items on their menu, they are best known for their burgers.  It has been over a decade since I first had a burger at Coppell Deli and they still serve up some mighty fine burgers.  I wouldn't put this joint in my current top five list of best burgers in DFW, but it certainly deserves an honorable mention.  When I am in the Coppell area and craving a burger, this is the place I will go.

Coppell Deli
http://cdeli.delimansgrill.com/welcome/index.htm
Livin the Good Life Rating = 3

Coppell Deli on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment