Saturday, August 2, 2014

Blue Sky

I am always looking to try a new burger joint.  While not "new" to the Lubbock area, Blue Sky Texas was certainly "new' to me.  Several of my Lubbock friends and family have been raving about how great the burgers are at this burger joint, so I made it a point to eat here on my most recent visit to the area.
Blue Sky's menu offers a variety of burgers and toppings. They also offer several different versions of appetizers, fries, and onion rings. After going back and forth on what I wanted, I finally decided to get the bacon cheeseburger and the order of half fries and half onion rings.  
Bacon Cheeseburger
My burger was large and the patty far exceeded the size of the bun.  It had great flavor and was not overly greasy, yet it was not dry either.  If I had one complaint, it would be that I would have preferred more bacon.  The freshly-cut fries and onion rings were both on par with the burger.  I thoroughly enjoyed the fries, but the onion rings were some of the best I have ever had. They were thinly cut with a fantastic batter that was extremely flavorful and had a nice crunch to it.
Order of half fries and half onion rings
Blue Sky was certainly an impressive burger and gets a big thumbs up from me.  As good as the burger was, I think I preferred the sides even more.  This small chain has multiple locations in both Lubbock and Amarillo.  If you are looking for a quality burger joint that provides decent portions, stop by and give this place a shot.  Blue Sky will certainly be added to my list of quality restaurants in the Hub City.

Blue Sky
Livin the Good Life Rating=3
Blue Sky Texas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment