Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cheezies Gourmet Grilled Cheese

I am usually not a big fan of sandwiches, but occasionally I will get a hankering for a grilled cheese.  It is hard for me to find a place that makes a grilled cheese as good as I can make at home, but occasionally I am pleasantly surprised.  When some coworkers told me about Cheezies Gourmet Grilled Cheese, I knew that I would have to try out this Frisco restaurant.

Following work one day, I met my family for dinner at Cheezies.  In addition to serving a "plain ol' " grilled cheese sandwiches, the restaurant also serves nine signature grilled cheese sandwiches that include such ingredients as brisket, pulled pork, ham, turkey, salami, etc.  Soups, salads, and mac n' cheese are also on the menu.
The Smokin Chick-roasted chicken, smoked gouda, and a hint of apricot on sourdough bread
After some deliberation, I chose to get the Smokin Chick sandwich and an order of the Cheezies Mac n' Cheese.  The ingredients for my sandwich were roasted chicken, smoked gouda, and a hint of apricot on sourdough bread.  Although I am not sure what the "hint" of apricot was, the sandwich had a definite apricot flavor and was absolutely delicious.  This sandwich was one of the top five grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever had.  The garlic parmesan chips that came with the sandwich were certainly above average in the flavor dept.  The Mac n' Cheese was not bad, but it paled in comparison to the grilled cheese.
Mac n' Cheese
My wife got the "plain ol' " grilled cheese and my kids got the kids grilled cheese with fruit.  All three of them enjoyed their meals and gave the place a thumbs up.  We also tried the chocolate fried pies, which were much better than I had anticipated.  On my next visit, I definitely want to try some of the fruit fried pies as well.
Chocolate Fried Pie
My coworkers had raved about the grilled cheeses here and I have to say that they lived up to the hype.  Although I wasn't impressed with the mac n' cheese, the grilled cheeses were top notch.  I cannot wait to try some of the other sandwiches, particularly the Big Texas, which has brisket, white cheddar, and onion marmalade on jalapeño cheddar bread.  Cheezies get a thumbs up from me and my family!

Cheezies Gourmet Grilled Cheese
http://www.cheeziesgourmet.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=3
Cheezie's Gourmet Grilled Cheese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment