Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Kolache Factory

The popular Texas breakfast destination, Kolache Factory, recently opened up a location in Frisco, Texas.  Although I have passed by several locations while traveling across the state, I have never actually sampled their kolaches until recently.  Kolaches are a breakfast favorite of mine, so I have now been to this location several times since they opened this summer.  
Right to Left-Bar-B-Q Beef and Sausage and Gravy
On my handful of visits over the last month, I have had a chance to sample several different kolaches.  Below is a rundown of the ones I have sampled and my opinion of them:
Apricot Kolache
Fruit Kolaches-solid item and comparable to the ones that I have had in places like West, Texas and central Texas bakeries.  I have tried several different fruit kolaches, but their apricot kolaches are my favorite.
Jalapeno Sausage Kolache-usually a favorite of mine, but I did not like these at all.  Instead of being a kolache with jalapeño sausage, it was a tiny thin sausage (similar to a Beanie-Weenie) that was surrounded by pickled jalapeños.  Strongly disliked their take on a favorite of mine.
Bacon and Egg Kolache-Meh...a kolache filled with what one would expect to find in a fast-food burrito.  
Bar-B-Q Beef Kolache-the brisket in these will not win any awards anytime soon, but the lightly sauced meat is a nice twist to the ordinary kolache.
Sausage and Gravy Kolache-this is my favorite of the non-fruit kolaches.  Lots of sausage and decent enough gravy.  
Jalapeno Sausage Kolache
This is a place where you can run in and expect to be out in 3-4 minutes without a problem.  Some kolaches I really liked, while others I didn't care for at all.  Now that I have been a few times, I know which ones I like and which ones that I do not like.  While not super impressed by this chain, the food is not terrible and I think your co-workers would be pleased if you brought them a dozen fruit kolaches for their breakfast.
Bacon and Egg Kolache
Kolache Factory
http://www.kolachefactory.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=2
Kolache Factory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment