Friday, August 8, 2014

Bien Salsa

I recently had the opportunity to have brunch at Bien Salsa.  This Mexican restaurant is located in downtown Mckinney and has received good reviews from the majority of diners.  Bien Salsa has been on my wish list of local places to try and I was finally able to convince my family to eat there on a recent Sunday morning.
Dining Area
Chips and Salsa Sampler
A brunch menu is served on weekends and my party was pleased with this because my entire family is a big fan of brunch.  We started with the chips and salsa sampler.   Unlike most Mexican restaurants, this item is not free and they charge $2.49 for this item.  The fried tortilla chips come with three different types of salsa that included a chunky smoked salsa, salsa verde (green sauce), and a hot salsa.  I absolutely loved the chips and all three versions of salsa.  If I had to pick a favorite, I would probably go with the hot salsa.
Breakfast Taco Trio with flour tortillas
For my entree, I ordered the breakfast taco trio.  The dish had one chorizo and egg taco, one ham and egg taco, one potato and egg taco, black beans, and rice.  You can choose either corn or flour tortillas and I chose the latter.  Each taco was very good, but I was very impressed with the house-made chorizo.  The black beans were pretty basic, but the rice was very good.
Huevos Revueltos
My wife and mother-in-law both ordered the Huevos Revueltos which included scrambled eggs with bacon, salsa, corn tortillas, and flour tortillas.  The pancakes got a stamp of approval from my oldest daughter and my father-in-law enjoyed his breakfast of Chilaquiles Mexicanos served with bacon and potatoes.
Chilaquiles Mexicanos
Pancakes and fruit
The food was tasty on this visit and the portions were more than adequate.  Bien Salsa has a very nice dining area and the service was faultless on our visit.  Although this is an upscale Mexican restaurant, the food was not overly-pricey.  Now that I have tried their brunch menu, I cannot wait to go back and sample the goods on their dinner menu.

Bien Salsa
http://www.biensalsa.com/home
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Bien Salsa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment