Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Damgoode Pies

My wife and I both had a week off from work around Thanksgiving, so we decided to do a min-vacation with the kids.  After some discussion, we decided to head to Southwest Missouri for a few days.  We stopped in Fayetteville, Arkansas around lunchtime and wanted to explore the campus of the University of Arkansas and downtown Fayetteville.  There were a few dining options on the downtown square and we decided to dine at Damgoode Pies.

Pizza is always a favorite of my family, so we were excited to try this local pizzeria.  I later found out that this restaurant also has locations in Little Rock and Rogers.  Having left DFW around 7:00 a.m., my family was famished and immediately ordered breadsticks for an appetizer.  When they arrived my family quickly devoured the breadsticks, which were very flavorful and served with a terrific red sauce.
Breadsticks
Damgoode Pies has several signature pizzas and options to build your own pie.  My wife and I ordered "The Club", which was one of the signature pies topped with smoked turkey, baked ham, bacon, and cheddar cheese.  Diners have several options in the sauce department, but we went with the traditional red sauce.  The pizza was very thick due to the amount of dough and cheese on the pizza.  I normally love a pizza that is very cheesy, but it was lacking in the toppings department.  With all the cheese, it was hard to find any of the turkey, bacon, or ham.  The pizza was not bad, but it was far from great.
"The Club"-smoked turkey, baked ham, bacon, and cheddar
My kids split a cheese pizza and made short work of their lunch.  Our waitress was great and the pizzeria looked like it would be a great dining/drinking destination for local college students.  Although I wasn't amazed by the pizza, I wouldn't be opposed to stopping here again and trying some of the other signature pies and perhaps a different sauce next time.

Damgoode Pies
http://www.damgoodepies.com/index.html
Livin the Good Life Rating=2
Damgoode Pies on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment