Friday, February 22, 2013

Kenny's Burger Joint Review


Kenny's Burger Joint in Frisco, TX
A friend recommended this Frisco burger joint to me after he read my last review of Liberty Burger.   Kenny’s Burger Joint is located at 1377 Legacy Drive, Suite 120, Frisco, TX 75034.  My wife and I used to live fairly close to this place when we lived in Frisco, but Kenny’s Burger Joint opened up after we moved to McKinney in 2008.  Both D Magazine and the Dallas Observer have recently included this restaurant in their “Best of DFW restaurants,” so we entered with high hopes.  We decided to meet here on a Friday after work and take the kids with us.


For an appetizer, we decided on Bud’s White Queso and Chips.  The wait staff brought this out very quickly, so we dug in.  It was absolutely fabulous.  The chips were crisp and had pepper baked into them.  The queso was very flavorful and had a good kick to it.
Bud's White Queso and Chips
My wife ordered a basic cheeseburger and I ordered the bacon cheeseburger.  Kenny’s burgers are served open-faced on a ciabatta bun.  Although the burgers were very large and the patties were thick, I was not overly impressed with the burger.  It was good but not great.
Bacon Cheeseburger
For our first side, we ordered the “Loaded Cheese Fries.”  These were fries smothered in cheese, bacon, chives, and jalapeƱos.  I consider myself a connoisseur of cheese fries, and these were far from impressive.  For a second side, I ordered three of Kenny’s Famous Ribs (yes, this fat kid ordered ribs for a side).  These were St. Louis style ribs basted in Kenny’s house barbecue sauce.  Although the ribs were literally falling off the bone as I picked them, the barbecue sauce had a strong vinegar taste that I didn’t care for.
Side #1
Side #2
This dining experience started off on a positive note with the great chips and queso.  Unfortunately, the experience started declining from there.  Although the wait staff was very friendly and the service was great, the food was not up to par.  Kenny’s is a family friendly restaurant and my 4-year-old daughter seemed to enjoy her chicken strips and fries.  I doubt I will be going back to Kenny’s Burger Joint.  Life is too short to eat mediocre food, which is the real reason that Gandi went on a hunger strike to begin with.
Kenny's Burger Joint
http://kennysburgerjoint.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=1

No comments:

Post a Comment