Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fish Shack

Seeing a restaurant with a lot of vehicles is usually a good sign that there is good food to be found inside.  I am always skeptical of a restaurant that is not very crowded.  Since the parking lot has been packed  every time I have passed by Fish Shack in East Plano, I decided to stop in and give it a try.  
Dining area and menu board
The patrons order at the counter at Fish Shack, which can be quite daunting considering the very large menu board that they have.  Luckily for me, there were a few customers in front of me and I was able to look over the menu while other customers were ordering.  It had been several months since I have had a Po Boy, so I ordered the Catfish Po Boy and fries.  I am also a huge fan of hushpuppies, so I ordered the small order (6 hushpuppies) of those as well.
Catfish Po Boy
It only took a few minutes for my order to arrive, so I didn't have too much time to look back at the menu board and second-guess my lunch choice.  The Catfish Po Boy had a very crispy cornmeal batter that had good flavor, but it was a little tough and perhaps slightly overcooked.  Even with it begin somewhat tough, it was still above average in the taste department.  The bun was toasted to perfection and the veggies were fresh.  The fries were pretty basic and typical of most seafood joints, but the hushpuppies were incredible.  I could have easily ate two dozen of these and regretted that I only ordered six of them.
Fantastic Hushpuppies
My visit to Fish Shack was certainly worthwhile.  Although I only sampled a small fraction of their large menu, it certainly left me wanting more.  The food is fresh and tasty, the staff is friendly, and it is a fun place to have a quick meal.  I was glad I took the time for a quick lunch at Fish Shack.

Fish Shack
http://www.fishshackplano.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Fish Shack on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment