Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Jungle Burger

I am always looking to try new restaurants, particularly those that are close to my home.  Jungle Burger opened up in McKinney, TX last year in a space that was vacated by a JC's Burger House.  On a recent Saturday, I finally got the opportunity to grab a bite to eat at the restaurant.

I arrived mid-afternoon after running a few errands around town.  My waitress immediately took my drink order while I checked out the menu.  I decided on the bacon cheeseburger and seasoned fries. While waiting on my food, I relaxed and watched a baseball game on one of the big screen TVs in the restaurant.
My order arrived within ten minutes and I immediately dug in since I was eating such a late lunch.  The burger had a very thick patty and the veggies on the burger were fresh and crispy.  For a single patty burger, it really had a lot of size to it.  The burger had great flavor, but I would have preferred my bacon to be a bit crispier.  The seasoned fries appeared to be fresh cut and were cooked to perfection.  Too often, restaurants seem to be overcooking their fries.  This was not the case at Jungle Burger.
Bacon Cheeseburger and Seasoned Fries
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my burger and fries.  The restaurants name doesn't exactly scream "great burger," but I would go back here in a heartbeat.  The staff was friendly and attentive.  The value was good as well and my meal cost less than $10 prior to my tip.  If you live in McKinney and haven't tried this place yet, I recommend that you give it a try.

Jungle Burger
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungle-Burger-Mckinney/328513723952716?ref=stream
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Jungle Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment