Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cavalli Pizza

Several years ago (pre-blogging days), my family and I visited Cavalli Pizza in McKinney's Adriatica Village.  We enjoyed the visit to the Neapolitan style pizzeria and thought the food was good, but for some inexplicable reason, we haven't dined their since that visit.  My oldest daughter wanted to go grab dinner one night, so I took her to Cavalli Pizza.  
My dinner date for the evening
We asked to be seated on the patio, but my daughter got cold and we asked to move inside.  When finally situated,  I ordered the Pizzette Fritte for an appetizer.  Pizzette Fritte is fried pizza dough topped marinara, basil, and shaved Parmesan.  It was my first time trying this particular dish and I liked it from first bite. I particularly liked the sweet flavor of the fried dough, but I also liked the freshly shaved Parmesan and marinara as well.
Pizzette Fritte
For pizza, I ordered the "Smoky".  This pizza had fresh mozzarella, smoked mozzarella, San Marzano tomato sauce, grilled chicken, and bacon.  I have to say that this was one of the better pizzas that I have had with chicken as a topping.  The flavor of the smoked mozzarella and bacon really gave the pizza a burst of flavor.  My daughter ordered the kid's sized "New York", which was topped with mozzarella, tomato sauce, basil, and olive oil.  Her pizza was pretty basic and wasn't near as flavorful as the one I inhaled.
The Smoky
The New York
For dessert, we tried the S'Mores calzone.  The dessert was stuffed with nutella and topped with large marshmallows.  This dessert was savory, but not as good as similar ones I have had elsewhere.
S'Mores Calzone
I enjoyed my second visit to Cavalli Pizza.  The pizza is tasty and the service was very good as well.  This restaurant also has a nice patio area in the back.  The patio area has a view of Adriatica Village and would be a great place to dine on a pretty day.  While this pizzeria is very good and one of my favorite pizza joints in McKinney, I am not sure that I would put it in my top three Collin County pizza joints.   If you are in McKinney and want an authentic Neapolitan Pizza joint, you cannot go wrong by giving this place a try.

Cavalli Pizza
http://cavallipizza.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=3
Cavalli Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I found the great article with delicious food reciepes. I am your regular reader, get something new in articles every time. Keep writing.

    Bethel Road Pizza Primo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for share this awesome, I am deeply read your pizza recipes useful point you will mention on this pizza. Dominos Pizza Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an extremely good product Indoor play equipment by funlandia.com.

    ReplyDelete