Sunday, February 1, 2015

Rodeo Goat

Many of my friends from the Fort Worth area have been raving about the greatness of the burgers at Rodeo Goat.  Although I rarely travel to Fort Worth these days, the restaurant has been on my radar, especially when I found out that the owners were going to open a Dallas location of the popular burger joint.  The location in Big D finally opened in mid-January and I actually dined their on the first weekend they were open.
Kitchen Area
My brother was with me on this visit to Rodeo Goat and we decided to start with the Cheese Fries No Surprise, which includes cheese, bacon, and jalapeños (which we asked for on the side).  They also have a Cheese Fries Surprise, which also includes brisket chili on top.  The cheese fries were awesome and were better than any I have had in the last couple of years.  
Cheese Fries No Surprise
The restaurant has a large selection of burgers and several that are not on the Fort Worth Menu.  The burger I ordered was called the Terlingua and was topped with Havarti cheese, brisket chili, onions, corn chips, and garlic-herb mayo.  I rarely get burgers topped with chili, but this burger was highly flavorful and was easily one of the top ten burgers I have had in DFW.  My brother ordered the Nanny Goat (basic burger) and gave it a big thumbs up as well.  The hand cut fries were also delicious.
Terlingua Burger
Fries
I also ordered a Pecan Fried Pie, which was another good decision. The crust was perfectly cooked, flavorful, and topped with powdered sugar.  The pecan pie filling inside was piping hot and had great flavor.  I quickly devoured this delectable treat, even though I was stuffed from the cheese fries, burger, and more fries.
Pecan Fried Pie
Did Rodeo Goat live up to the hype?  Absolutely.  I foresee many future visits to this burger joint and there are many burgers on the menu that I want to try out.  The service was very good, especially considering the fact that it was opening weekend.  I can't wait to go back to Rodeo Goat.

Rodeo Goat
http://www.rodeogoat.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Rodeo Goat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment