Sunday, June 1, 2014

PaneVino

PaneVino was recently recommended to me by a coworker.  Since I am always on the lookout for a new pizza joint, I decided to give it a try.  The restaurant can be found within the confines of The Village at Allen, which makes it just a five minute drive from my home.
Wood-fired Pizza Oven
On a day that neither my wife and I had the energy to cook, we loaded up the fam and headed to PaneVino.  We were a little early for the big dinner rush and the staff was very attentive from the moment we walked in.  We started with Mozzarella sticks and they arrived within just a few minutes.  They were piping hot with a crispy batter and served with a warm marinara sauce.  As tasty as they were, I was disappointed that there were only five to an order.
Mozzarella sticks
My wife and I often have different tastes when it comes to pizza, so we ordered two of the wood-fired pizzas on this visit.  We ordered the Margherita pizza which is made with fresh Mozzarella, fresh basil, and tomato sauce.  For the second pizza, I decided to create my own and went with a Canadian bacon and oregano pizza.  Both pizzas had a crispy crust that had great flavor.  My wife preferred the Margherita pizza, but I was particularly fond of the Canadian bacon and oregano.
Margherita Pizza
Canadian Bacon and Oregano
We all left PaneVino pleased with the meal we had.  My toddler particularly liked her bowl of spaghetti and ate with reckless abandon.  The food is good here, the service is commendable, and the ambiance is much nicer than most restaurants you find in a shopping center.  Another plus for this restaurant is that it is kid friendly and the food is prepared quickly.   I enjoyed the pizza on this visit, but I really want to try some of their Italian dishes next time we visit PaneVino.
Spaghetti and Meatball enjoyed by my toddler
PaneVino
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Pane Vino on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment