Sunday, June 22, 2014

Health Camp

Whenever I am passing through Waco around lunch or dinner, there are a couple of restaurants that I like to visit that are favorites of mine.  One is George's, and the other is Health Camp.  Health Camp is a classic restaurant that has been serving up burgers and shakes for close to seventy years.  The food is always solid and the shakes are great.
On a recent trip through Waco, I stopped and grabbed a quick bite to eat at Health Camp.  On this visit, I ordered the bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a peach milk shake.  My shake came out first, so I got to enjoy some dessert prior to my meal.  When the burger arrived, I immediately dug in.  The burger had great flavor and the fries were tasty too.  As great as the burger and fries were, the peach milkshake was even better.  It is hard to find restaurants that serve peach milkshakes, but Health Camp has close to thirty different milkshake flavors to choose from.  They also have great onion rings, although I didn't order them on this visit.
Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries
The meal was just the right size to fill me up, but not so filling that I felt the need to take a nap while driving to Austin.  Health Camp is just a short distance of Interstate 35, so it is easy to exit and grab a bite to eat here.  I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, which was good because I was wanting to get to Austin before the afternoon traffic got bad.  If you haven't been to Health Camp, stop by next time you are passing through Waco.
Peach Milkshake
Health Camp
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Health Camp on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment