Sunday, October 4, 2015

Kenny's Italian Kitchen

Every once and a while I get a serious craving for a specific cuisine and I had recently been craving some Italian food.  Although I have a couple of DFW Italian restaurants that I really like, I was in the mood to try a place where I have never dined before.  After some discussion and reading some reviews, my wife and I decided to try out Kenny's Italian Kitchen.

The restaurant had several appetizers that seemed promising, but we finally decided on the Prosciutto Wrapped Fried Mozzarella that was served with a pair of sauces.  The addition of prosciutto was and interesting twist to the normal cheese stick routine.  My wife and I enjoyed this appetizer, but both of us preferred the red sauce over the Marsala wine sauce.
Prosciutto Wrapped Fried Mozzarella
I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana for my entree and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.  The chicken was cooked to perfection and had just the right amount of mozzarella and red sauce.  The spaghetti was very basic with olive oil and garlic, but it was a nice compliment to the chicken parmigiana.  I eat this entree a lot when dining at Italian restaurants and it was one of the better ones I have tried in the last couple of years.
Chicken Parmigiana
My wife ordered the Lasagne and was nice enough to let me have a generous portion of her entree of this very tasty dish.  The lasagne had plenty of ground beef and cheese, which is often lacking in lasagne I have had lately.  The portion was huge and we actually took about half home, despite the fact that I helped her eat a sizable portion myself.
Lasagne
We ended our meal with a piece of tiramisu for dessert and it was every bit as good as the other items we tried on this night.  I have to say that I was very impressed with Kenny's Italian Kitchen.  The food was good, yet inexpensive, and the service was impressive as well.  In the past, I have been critical of other restaurants ran by Kenny Bowers, but Kenny's Italian Kitchen gets a big thumbs up from me.  
Tiramisu
Kenny's Italian Kitchen
http://kennysitalian.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Click to add a blog post for Kenny's Italian Kitchen on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment