Friday, October 2, 2015

Big Daddy's Ribs and BBQ

Big Daddy's Ribs and BBQ is a relatively new barbecue joint that has opened in Little Elm.  Having read a couple of reviews on the place, I felt it might be worthy of a visit.  The ribs came highly recommended, so I was anxious to try them.

I ordered the three meat combo with brisket, pulled pork, and the baby back ribs.  Be warned that there is a $4 up-charge when you order ribs with the combo.  The brisket was a huge disappointment due to the fact it was tough, too lean, and was lacking in the smoke department.  The pulled pork was much better than the brisket.  It was very moist with a nice smoky flavor and had a nice bark on several of the pieces.   Since ribs cost extra, I anticipated getting  more than two baby back ribs.  While they were very tender and had a nice rub on them, I didn't think they were special or worthy of the extra $4.
Three Meat Combo-Brisket, Pulled Pork, and Baby Back Ribs
Fries and corn casserole were ordered as my sides and both were excellent.  The fries were some of the best I have had in recent months and were fresh cut and just out of the fryer.  The corn casserole was very flavorful, moist, and top notch in my book.  Combos are also served with Texas toast and I thought it was very good as well.
Fries-These were terrific
The sides here were impressive, but even they couldn't save this mediocre barbecue.  Other people I know really like this place, but I just was not impressed.  I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again.

Big Daddy's Ribs and BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddysle
Livin the Good Life Rating=2
Click to add a blog post for Big Daddy's Ribs and BBQ on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment