Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fearing's

My wife and I have a handful of restaurants that we like to visit on special occasions.  Fearing's is one of those places.  We have been going there for years and have never had a bad experience.  Some friends of ours were in town last weekend and that wanted to meet us for dinner, so we made plans to meet them at Fearing's.

Fearing's is a very elegant restaurant located inside the Ritz-Carlton in Dallas.  We arrived on time for our 8:30 reservation, but  still had a short wait before we were seated.  After we were seated in the sendero section of the restaurant, the wait staff immediately began to fawn over us and the great service continued throughout the meal.  Dean Fearing himself even made a visit to our table to make sure we were enjoying our experience.  They also brought over a bread basket that included some fantastic jalapeno corn bread muffins and dinner rolls; both of which were good, but I could have eaten two dozen of the corn bread muffins.
Mini Cornbread Muffins and Rolls
The dinner menu is a cornucopia of delicious items with individual touches you don't see at most other restaurants. Two of us decided to start with the Lobster Bisque and the other two decided to start with the Apricot Barbecue Glazed Lockhart Texas Quail.  It was my first time to try their lobster bisque and it was fantastic.  Honestly, it was the best lobster bisque that I have ever had.  It was served over ginger sizzling rice with a lobster pot sticker.  My wife enjoyed the quail which was served with a wedge salad and cider braised bacon.
Lobster Bisque with Lobster Pot Sticker
Apricot Barbecue Glazed Quail with Wedge Salad and Cider Braised Bacon
For the main course, I chose the bone-in ribeye because I have tried most of the other items on the dinner menu.  The ribeye had a sauce on it called West Texas "Mop" sauce and was served with corn bread pudding and fried asparagus.  I am usually not a fan of sauces on a steak, but this sauce was delicious on the very tender ribeye that was well marbled and melted in my mouth.  It was one of the most tender ribeyes I have ever had.  The fried asparagus was good as well, but the corn bread pudding was the better of the two sides.  
Bone-in Ribeye with Fried Asparagus and Cornbread Pudding
My wife and my buddy both had the Maple Black Peppercorn Soaked Buffalo Tenderloin, which I have had on a previous visit and loved.  The tenderloin was served with Brazos Valley Jalapeno Grits, Tangle of Greens, and a Butternut Squash Taquito with Smoky Chili Aioli.  Both had high praise for this entree, although my buddy did not care for the taste of the greens.  My buddy's fiancee chose to get the Pan Roasted ‘BBQ Spiced’ Filet and Chicken Fried Maine Lobster, which I have also enjoyed on a previous visit.  This entree is served with Loaded Whipped Potatoes and a Soft Spinach Taco with Smoked Tomato Gravy.  Although I never specifically asked her, I assume she enjoyed her meal since she ate almost everything.
Maple Black Peppercorn Soaked Buffalo Tenderloin with Jalapeno Grits
I couldn't leave Fearing's without having one of the fantastic cappuccinos and at least sharing sharing something with my wife off the dessert menu.  We decided to split the pumpkin ice cream sandwiched between gingerbread cookies.  There were three ice cream sandwiches and unfortunately, my wife got the better of the deal and ate two of them.  I rarely get ice cream for a dessert, but these pumpkin ice cream sandwiches at Fearing's were simply delectable.  My buddy decided to drink a port for dessert and his fiancee got the apple trio, which included an apple oatmeal crisp, an apple fried pie, and an apple spice cake.  Both were very content with their choices as well.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiched between Gingerbread Cookies
Once again, my dining experience at Fearing's was amazing.  The food is great, the setting is luxurious, and the service was spectacular.  Whether you are looking for a romantic date with your significant other or a fun place to meet friends for dinner, I highly recommend Fearing's.

Fearing's
http://www.fearingsrestaurant.com/
Livin the Good Life Rating = 5

Fearing's on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment