Friday, April 17, 2015

Eat-The Breakfast and Lunch Joint

I will be the first to admit that I generally avoid downtown when dining in Vegas.  While I enjoy gambling downtown at times, it has generally been a dining wasteland.  That label seems to be changing and there are now several highly touted restaurants in the old downtown area.  Good things are being said about a little restaurant called Eat, which is just a few blocks away from Fremont Street.  On our second morning in Vegas, we decided to go downtown to gamble and have breakfast at Eat.
Dining Area
While we were looking over the menu, our waitress recommended that we start with the Cinnamon Biscuits.  The biscuits arrived cut in half and topped with strawberry compote, fresh strawberries, and fresh blackberries. The cinnamon was not overpowering and the tasty dish was quickly devoured.  
Cinnamon Biscuits
I ordered chicken fried steak dish, which arrived topped with pork gravy and came with eggs, potatoes, and toast.  The Chicken Fried Steak was thick and had a great batter.  The gravy was excellent, the eggs were commendable, and the potatoes were topped witch chives.  The thick sourdough toast, which was perhaps my favorite item, was extremely buttery and perfectly toasted.
Chicken Fried Steak, Potatoes, and Scrambled Eggs 
Sourdough Toast
My wife got the Pancakes and Chicken-Apple Breakfast Sausage.  The massive stack of pancakes was more than she could eat, so I had to help her eat them.  Luckily for me, I got to finish off the tasty pancakes and sampled the chicken-apple sausage as well.  While not as good as my chicken fried steak, the pancakes were also noteworthy.
Pancakes and Chicken-Apple Sausage
After dining at Eat, I am happy to report that good food can be found in downtown Vegas.  The breakfast items at Eat are huge and very tasty.  Our waitress did an excellent job of recommending items and Chef Natalie Young has developed a restaurant that serves as good a breakfast as I have had anywhere in Las Vegas.  I highly recommend that you give this restaurant a try if you visit the downtown/Fremont St. area.

Eat
http://eatdtlv.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Eat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment