Monday, August 8, 2016

The Printing Press Bar and Kitchen

The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen is located on George Street and occupies the former home of Susan Ferrier, a highly acclaimed 19th century Scottish novelists.  Prior to traveling to Edinburgh, I did some research into restaurants, and favorable reviews of this restaurant kept popping up on several occasions.  The restaurant offers up modern Scottish cuisine in a casual setting.  
Sourdough Loaf
For  a starter, my wife and I ordered the Sourdough Loaf for us to share.  The bread and butter really hit the spot because both of us were starving.  Prior the entree arriving, I also had a Scotch Egg, which was equally delectable.
Mince and Tatties
For my entree, I ordered the Mince and Tatties.  Although I had never heard of this dish before, it was absolutely delicious and I was happy with my choice.  Both the minced beef and the potatoes were very flavorful and filling.  
Truffled Honey Chicken
My wife ordered the Truffled Honey Chicken, which was tender and flavorful.  She allowed me only a small bite, which tells me that she really liked it.  We also split a side of Roasted Parsnips and Carrots, which were both quite good.
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
We finished off the meal with Cappuccinos and a Dark Chocolate Tart.  Both were enjoyable and were the perfect end to a very good meal.  The wait staff was friendly, but I felt they could have checked on us a little more.  The ambiance of the restaurant is very relaxing and would be a great place for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends.  I would not hesitate to return to this restaurant in the future.
Dark Chocolate Tart
The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen
http://www.printingpressedinburgh.co.uk/
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
The Printing Press Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. For over three decades, Abhi Print has enjoyed the reputation of being one of the frontline names in the Indian printing industry. We are providing all type of printing services best or Quality. Digital Printing Services, Magazines Publishing, Books Printing, Web Offset Printing, Print Media, Typesetting Services, Color Printing, Books Binding, Printing PressIndia.

    ReplyDelete