Monday, June 22, 2015

Shake Shack

Many burger chains have legions of loyal fans.  I know my friends from California were ecstatic when In-N-Out Burger expanded to Texas and Texans tend to love their Whataburger.  Shake Shack, which originated in New York, also has fans that swear their burgers, fries, and shakes are the best in the country.  The first Texas location of Shake Shack recently opened in Austin, so I couldn't wait to see what all the fuss was about.
ShackBurger with Bacon
I heard horror stories of long lines and waits up to one hour, so I arrived right at their 11:00 a.m. opening.  There were only a few people in front of me, but I did have plenty of time to look over the wall menu.  I finally decided  to order the ShackBurger with bacon, fries, and a strawberry milkshake.  In addition to the bacon, the ShackBurger came topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and ShackSauce.  The burger was extremely tasty with a slightly charred exterior and a bun that was somewhat sweet.  The bacon was excellent as well and the special sauce gave it a somewhat spicy taste.  I felt this was a really good burger, but I was extremely disappointed in the size.  I could have easily eaten this burger in about four bites and I immediately wished I would have ordered the double meat version or just ordered two burgers.
Strawberry Milkshake and Fries
Although the burger was very good, I thought the crinkle cut fries were fairly ordinary.  They were light and crispy, but were far from exceptional and somewhat bland.  The strawberry shake was very thick, but I could only taste a slight hint of strawberries.  Despite being small, the burgers here were certainly above average in the taste department, but I could have cared less for the fries and shake I ordered.  I probably wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, but I will  try out the Plano location when it opens because it will be just a few minutes down the road from my casa. 

Shake Shack
https://www.shakeshack.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=3
Click to add a blog post for Shake Shack on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment