Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Jack Mac's Swill & Grill

There are times when I extensively research a restaurant before dining there.  At other times, my family and I just see a restaurant and choose to dine there.  When we dined at Jack Mac's Swill & Grill, the later was the reason we chose to dine there.  We happened to be in North Dallas, we were hungry, and decided to try it out since we were in the area.

Not knowing much about the place and not knowing their specialities, we just ordered what sounded good to us.  Below is my opinions of what we ordered:

Cabrito Stew - interesting combination of flavors with the goat, tomatillos, green chiles, potatoes, and carrots.  The dish was served with tortillas, but could have been eaten like a regular stew.  I felt the stew could have used some more meat, but it wasn't bad.
Breakfast Brisket Tacos- my wife ordered this dish and gave one of the tacos to me.  The brisket wasn't great and the flavor was bland, despite the fact it had green chiles, eggs, and potatoes too.
Basic Burger - of the items we tried, I thought this was the best.  The burger had good flavor and plenty of cheese, but was a little on the small side.  The  seasoned fries were average at best and their portion size was small as well.
Kid's Grilled Cheese- Both kids ate this and didn't seem to care for the grilled cheese on ciabatta bread, but I thought it was good.
I can honestly say that I was not impressed with this place.  It wasn't terrible, but I would certainly go someplace else if I was in the area again.   Our waitress did a nice job and was friendly, but the food failed to impress.

Jack Mac's Swill & Grill
http://jackmacs.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=2
Jack Mac's Swill & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment