Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Double Nickel Steakhouse

On a recent visit to Lubbock, my wife and I went to dinner and a movie.  For our dining destination, we chose Double Nickel Steakhouse.  We have not dined here for several years, mainly due to that fact that being parents limits the amount of times we get to partake in "fine dining."  My wonderful mother agreed to spend some quality time with her grandchildren, so my wife and I made reservations to dine at Double Nickel.  We had early reservations and actually had the whole restaurant to ourselves for the first 30 minutes we were there.
Dining Room
We decided to skip appetizers and have salads instead.  I had the Caesar salad and it was fantastic.  I am not sure how they make their Caesar dressing, but it has the classic taste with a nice little kick to it.  My wife ordered the wedge, which is usually her go-to salad at steakhouses.  On this occasion, she was disappointed in the flavor of her dressing.  The waiter also brought out some very good bread and butter.  It did not last very long on our table.
Caesar Salad
Wedge Salad
Bread and butter
For our entrees, I ordered the bone-in ribeye with mashed potatoes and creamed corn.  My steak was seasoned well, but was a little tough.  The mashed potatoes were decent, but the creamed corn was much better than the potatoes.  Double Nickel Steakhouse serves all entrees with a fantastic cheese stick, which was probably the best thing on my plate on this night.  My wife ordered the filet. Her steak was also well seasoned, but was much better than my ribeye.  The filet was tender enough to cut with a knife.
Bone-in Ribeye, Mashed Potatoes, Cream Corn, and Cheese Stick
Filet
Due to the large portions, we decided to skip dessert.  Although I enjoyed my dining experience on this occasion, I have had better food here.  I was disappointed in my bone-in ribeye, but my wife's steak was perfect.  I have had better ribeyes here, so  I guess I just caught them on an off night.  

Double Nickel Steakhouse
http://www.doublenickelsteakhouse.com/
Livin The Good Life Rating = 3
Lisa West's Double Nickel Steak House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment