Saturday, March 29, 2014

Delmonico Steakhouse

If there is one thing Vegas does right, it is steaks.  There are several really good steakhouses that I have dined at during my many visits to the city.  Prior to this trip, my favorite steakhouse in Vegas was Carnevino.  I made sure that I once again dined at Carnevino on this visit, but I also made reservations to try out one of it's neighbors, Delmonico Steakhouse.

Emeril Lagasse's steakhouse was rated one of the 10 Best Steakhouses in Las Vegas by Las Vegas Weekly and the Las Vegas Sun.  In a city with no shortage of steakhouses, this is high praise indeed.  The night we visited Delmonico was our last night in Vegas, so we were eagerly anticipating this meal on our final night in town.

We arrived a little early for our reservation, but we were seated immediately.  The wait staff quickly took our drink orders after they gave us the rundown of the nightly specials.  My wife decided to start with the gumbo, while I started with the organic baby mixed greens salad.  While we waited for our starters, the very attentive wait staff also brought out some very light and croissant-like roles.  
Shrimp and Andouille Gumbo
When my wife's shrimp and andouille gumbo arrived, I was slightly jealous that I had not ordered it as well.  She said it was the best gumbo she has ever had.  She did let me try a bite and it was an impressive gumbo indeed.  My salad had a sherry vinaigrette dressing, shaved manchego cheese, tomatoes, red onion, and creole spice croutons.  It was a really good salad, but I would have preferred that it had more of the delicious croutons.
Baby Mixed Greens Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
For our entrees, we both ordered the filet and shared a twice-baked potato and grits.  Our filets were nicely charred and topped with a spiced butter that was extremely savory.  The flavor of the steak was delectable and it was one of the best filets I have ever had.  My wife agreed with my assessment and absolutely loved her medium rare delicacy. 
Filet
Not to be outdone, the sides were impressive in their own right.  The twice-baked potato was cooked to perfection with just the right amount of bacon and Vermont cheddar.  As good as the twice-baked potato was, the grits were the best grits I have ever had.  The white cheddar and bacon were the perfect add-ons to the amazing grits.
Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Grits and Twice Baked Potato
We could not leave the restaurant without sampling the desserts.  I ordered the pecan pie and my wife ordered the white chocolate macadamia nut bread pudding.  My pecan pie had an oatmeal crust that gave it an interesting texture.  The French vanilla ice cream and the caramel sauce were the perfect match for this dessert.  I could not have been more pleased with my selection of dessert.  My wife was disappointed in her bread pudding because it was somewhat dry.  Our waitress apologized and brought out some vanilla ice cream to go on top of it.  My wife said the ice cream improved the taste and texture of the dessert, but she agreed with me that the pecan pie was the better of the two.
Pecan Pie
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding
Despite my wife's dessert being somewhat disappointing, I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Delmonico Steakhouse.  Having tried Mario Batali's Carnevino and Wolfgang Puck's Cut in the same hotel complex, I can honestly say that Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico is on par with Carnevino and considerably better than Cut.  The food was top notch and the service was outstanding.  My wife and I absolutely loved this place and my next visit to Vegas will include a trip to this outstanding restaurant.

Delmonico Steakhouse
http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/delmonico-steakhouse
Livin the Good Life Rating = 5

Delmonico Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment