Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Soulfish Grill

Good seafood in DFW is hard to find.  I have tried dozens of places and only a handful of them have been decent.  I have been disappointed time and time again, so I was starting to believe that it would be easier to find the Ark of the Covenant than a good seafood joint in the Dallas area.  Soulfish Grill was recently recommended to me, so I thought I would give it a try.  
Dining area and bar at Soulfish Grill
My wife and I happened to be in the Richardson area around lunchtime one day, so we popped into Soulfish Grill.  The menu has seafood appetizers, grilled seafood, PoBoys, seafood based salads, soups, fried seafood baskets, etc. We both liked various types of seafood, but on this particular day I was in the mood for fried fish.  Since I am a big guy, I went ahead and ordered the three piece fish basket.  
3 piece fish basket
When my basket arrived, I immediately knew that I had made a mistake.  Each fried fillet was approximately ten to twelve inches in length.  One fillet would have sufficed for a lunch meal, but I had three in my basket.  I knew from the first bite that I was going to enjoy this meal.  The fish was flaky and the cornmeal batter was superb.  This fried fish was one of the best I have had in DFW.  The tartar sauces and fries were better than expected as well, but the hush puppies were terrific.  I was pleased that I had decided to forgo the cole slaw and substituted it for extra hush puppies.  The hush puppies were dense, but thoroughly cooked and flavorful.  I somehow finished off two of the three pieces, but despite my best efforts, I could not finish the third piece.
Grilled Fish Tacos
My wife had the grilled fish tacos with cole slaw and rice.  She gave me a bite of each and they were also pleasing to the palate.  We were both so full, that we couldn't even think of eating dessert.  Our first visit to Soulfish Grill will not be our last.  The food was terrific and the service matched the food.  There are several items on the menu that I want to try, but it will be hard for me to pass up the fried fish basket again



Soulfish Grill
http://www.soulfishgrill.com/
Livin the Good Life Rating=3


Soulfish Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment