Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dee Lincoln Steak & Burger Bar

Dee Lincoln Steak and Burger Bar opened up a Plano location in the Spring of 2014.  I have been wanting to try the restaurant for several months and I finally got to try it out recently.  My brother and I had not seen each other in a couple of weeks, so we decided to meet at Dee Lincoln's since we were both free for lunch.

The lunch menu doesn't include their steaks, but it includes all of their burgers and several other entrees.  Although the steaks were not on the menu, our waiter told us that we could order them upon request.  I considered ordering a steak, but I really wanted to try one of their burgers.
Dining Area
I ordered The Cowboy, which was a very simple burger topped with crispy onion shavings, a molasses glaze, and pepper jack cheese.  Although the burger was simpler than most, it had a terrific flavor and texture.  The patty was very moist and was larger than you receive at most burger joints.  I felt that the molasses glaze was a nice touch and it gave the patty a faintly sweet flavor.  The crispy onion shavings were a perfect compliment to the pepper jack cheese.  My brother had the American Classic Burger and said it was tasty as well.
The Cowboy
For my side, I had the Truffle-Parmesan Fries.  The larger-than-expected order even arrived in a mini frying basket.  The serving portion was large and they were flavorful, but I felt that they could have used a little less truffle oil because the flavor was overpowering at times.
Truffle-Parmesan Fries
For desserts, I was torn between the Coca Cola Fudge Cake and the Blueberry Bread Pudding.  I ultimately decided on the Coca Cola Fudge Cake which arrived topped with a piping hot chocolate topping, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and pecans.  Although I am usually a sucker for a chocolate cake, this particular cake was almost flavorless and was served much too hot to eat.  I had to give it a good five minutes to cool off because the first bite singed the roof of my mouth.
Coca Cola Fudge Cake
Overall, I enjoyed my first visit to Dee Lincoln Steak & Burger Bar.  Although I wasn't impressed with my dessert, the burger was commendable and the service was excellent.  I can't say that this place is a great value because my bill for a burger, fries, and dessert was over $30.  I still want to try one of the steaks at this restaurant, so I would say that there is a good chance that I will be back to dine at Dee Lincoln's.

Dee Lincoln Steak & Burger Bar
http://deelincolnsteak.com/location/location-plano/
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Dee Lincoln Steak & Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment