Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hutchins BBQ-Frisco

One of my favorite DFW barbecue joints and Texas Monthly Top 50 Barbecue Joint, Hutchins BBQ, recently opened up a second location in Frisco.  A couple of months ago, the restaurant opened it's doors on Preston Road in the space that previously housed Randy White's Hall of Fame Barbecue.  I have been eating at the McKinney location of Hutchins for over 6 years and I have previously blogged about it's greatness.   Unlike the McKinney location which is open for lunch and dinner, the Frisco location is only open on Wednesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. (or until sold out).
Brisket 
St. Louis Style Ribs
On the day I first dined at the Frisco location, I ordered 1/2 pound of brisket, 1/2 pound of St. Louis style pork ribs, and and order of fries.  I chose lean brisket on this visit and couldn't have been happier.  The brisket had an excellent smoke ring, a thin layer of fat that kept the meat moist, and a bark that was so tasty that I might have closed my eyes and made involuntary moans.  St. Louis style ribs might be my favorite cut of ribs and the ones at Hutchins were terrific.  They had an excellent rub applied to them and the meat easily pulled off the bone with each bite.  Although I only bought two meats on this visit, a co-worker let me try their smoked turkey and it was fantastic as well.
Smoked Turkey 
Jalapeño Corn Muffins and Fresh Cut Fries
Sides are usually of little concern to me when eating quality barbecue, but I absolutely love the hand cut fries at Hutchins.  They are always freshly cooked and cut to just the right thickness (in my opinion).  Most burger joints could learn a thing or two about cooking fries from Hutchins.  This restaurant also offers free bread (hot rolls or jalapeño corn muffins) and free dessert (peach cobbler or banana pudding) for dine-in customers.  You can't go wrong with either bread, but I love the jalapeño corn muffins.  I am also a fan of the light and flavorful banana pudding, but many of my co-workers absolutely love the peach cobbler.
Banana Pudding
I was very pleased that the smoked meats were every bit as good as the McKinney location.  If you haven't been to either location of Hutchins barbecue, I recommend that you give them a try.  The barbecue is top notch, most of the sides are great, and the dessert is free.  It is really hard to beat a combination like that.  The new Frisco location is only a five minute drive from my work, so I see frequent forays in my near future.

Hutchins BBQ
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Hutchins BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment