Saturday, May 16, 2015

Bouchon

On our last day in Vegas, my wife and I woke up early and wanted to grab breakfast somewhere close.  Since it was 7:30 a.m., most of the Venetian/Palazzo restaurants had not opened for breakfast/brunch yet.  The concierge's desk recommended Bouchon, which is a French restaurant owned by Thomas Keller.  Having heard good things about the restaurant, we decided to give it a try.  For those unfamiliar with Thomas Keller, he has won several James Beard Awards and was voted Best Chef by Time Magazine in 2001.  
Fresh Bread, Butter, and Jam
While looking over the menu, our waitress brought us out some fresh bread, butter, and jam.  The bread was still hot and the butter and jam were both great.  I didn't want to have a heavy breakfast because I planned on working out later that morning, so I ordered the Fruit Salad and a Chocolate Croissant.  The fruit salad had honeydew, cantaloupe, pears, and pomegranate.  All the fruit was fresh and delicious.  The chocolate croissant was also very flaky and the chocolate was very rich.
Fruit Salad and Chocolate Croissant
My wife ordered the Petit Dejeuner Americaine (small American breakfast) with over easy eggs, bacon, toast, and jam filled beignets.  She thought it was very good and I was able to sample the bacon and the raspberry-filled beignets.  Both were good, although I prefer beignets with powdered sugar and without any filling.
Petit Dejeuner Americaine
Beignets
Our breakfast hit the spot and was  enough for us to start the day on a good note.  The service was absolutely spectacular and the rich and robust coffee may have been my favorite part of the breakfast.  The breakfast was good enough to where I would like to try out their dinner menu on a future visit.  The Venetian/Palazzo complex has some very good restaurants and Bouchon matched the quality that I have come to expect from all of their restaurants.

Bouchon
http://www.venetian.com/restaurants/signature/bouchon.html
Livin the Good Life Rating=3

Bouchon Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment