Sunday, February 21, 2016

Goodfella's

One cold Saturday, my youngest daughter and I were hanging out, while my wife and oldest daughter were attending a birthday party. As lunchtime approached, I began to get hungry and called my brother and sister-in-law to see if they wanted to meet us for lunch.  They agreed to meet and we decided to eat at Goodfella's Wood Fired Pizza because it was halfway between our homes.
Homemade Mozzarella Carrozza
While we looked over the menu, we decided to get an appetizer and chose to get the Homemade Mozzarella Carrozza, which was mozzarella between two slices of bread and lightly fried.  This appetizer seemed to be the lovechild of a cheese stick and a grilled cheese sandwich.  I thought it was delicious and so did everyone in my group that tried it .
Chicken Parmigiana Pizza
For the main meal, we ordered a couple of pizzas that included the Chicken Parmigiana Pizza and a pizza with hamburger and pepperoni.  The Chicken Parmigiana Pizza was a first for me, as I had never had breaded chicken on a pizza before.  Although I liked the pizza crust, the chicken and the rest of the pizza proved to be very bland.  The hamburger and pepperoni pizza was also disappointing and somewhat soggy.  The only positive was that it had plenty of meat on it.  
Pepperoni and Hamburger Pizza
The appetizer proved to be the highlight of this visit and the pizzas were a disappointment.  They weren't bad, but they certainly weren't what I would call great either.  The service was average at best and this is not a place where I plan to dine again.  

Goodfella's Wood Fired Pizza-Pasta-Bar
http://www.santinosgoodfellas.com/#about
Livin the Good Life Rating=2
Goodfella's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment