Thursday, February 25, 2016

Via 313


Being a foodie, I often find myself watching shows on Food Network, particularly those that feature restaurants.  One day I found myself watching a special about the Top 5 Pizzas in America, and it featured a pizza called The Detroiter, that can found in a pizza trailer in Austin, TX.  Via 313 pizza operates behind a bar on Rainey St. and I knew that I would have to try this place the next time I visited Austin.

The Detroiter pizza features smoked pepperoni and natural casing pepperoni on a deep dish pizza that is cooked in a metal tray.  When I visited 313, I didn't realize there were multiple types of pepperoni pizza on the menu, so I just ordered a pepperoni.  What I got was the Original Pepperoni, which consisted of smoked pepperoni under the cheese with sauce on top.  Although it wasn't what I intended to order, it was a really awesome pizza.  It reminded me a lot of Sicilian-style pizza, but it had a crispy crust, despite the fact it was deep dish.
Having only sampled one pizza, I can hardly consider myself an expert at Via 313.  That being said, I really thought it was one of the better pizzas I have ever tried and really liked the Detroit-style pizzeria.  The flavor was great, but the crust was amazing and I will certainly go back her on my next visit and actually try The Detroiter!

Via 313
http://via313.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Via 313 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment