Friday, February 12, 2016

Jarams Donuts

I am not a person that just absolutely loves eating breakfast and I frequently skip breakfast.  That being said, I do have a few weaknesses involving breakfast foods, and one of those would be donuts.  After reading an Eater article about the best places to find donuts in Dallas, I decided to try out Jarams Donuts, which was one of the places they recommended and was the one closest to my house in McKinney, TX.  Thrillist also ranked them among The Best Donut Shops in Dallas.

Jaram's Donuts has a huge variety of speciality donuts, kolaches, and other breakfast items, but I was only able to try a fraction of the items available.  Below is my descriptions and opinions of the ones that I tried:
Chocolate Croissant Donut-This donut was about twice the height of a normal donut and had the light texture of a croissant.  The chocolate icing was delicious and the powdered sugar was plentiful.  If a chocolate donut and a beignet had a love child, this donut would be the result.
Creme Brûlée Donut-Hard to imagine, but it actually tasted a lot like creme brûlée.  The exterior was actually caramelized and the inside was filled with custard.  This donut gets two thumbs up for originality.
Chocolate Donut Holes with Sprinkles-My daughter ordered a dozen of these and allowed me to have one.  The same chocolate icing I had on the croissant donut was on these as well and they were high quality for donut holes.  
Sausage Kolache with Bacon- In my opinion, it was closer to a pig-in-a-blanket than a kolache.  The bread was good and the sausage was decent, but I really liked the crispy bacon that adorned the top of it.
Jalapeño Sausage Cheese Bread-By far, this was the most interesting items I tried here.  The bread had sliced jalapeño sausage and cheddar cheese that was intertwined in bread.  As good as the donuts were, I think I actually liked this item the best. 
As you can probably tell, I loved this quaint little donut shop in North Dallas.  The donuts were great and and the jalapeño sausage cheese bread was incredible.  I would rate this place in my top three  donuts shops that I have tried in DFW alongside Hypnotic Donuts and The Donut Kitchen.   

Jaram's Donuts
http://www.jarams.com
Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Jarams Donuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment