Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hypnotic Donuts


My wife and I both had a rare Friday off from work, so we both wanted to do something fun with the kids.  Spending a day off with the kids doesn’t sound like much fun, but we made plans to make it as fun as possible for both adults and kids.  We eventually ended up taking them to Klyde Warren Park and the Perot Museum, but first we had to have breakfast.  I had heard great reviews about a place called Hypnotic Donuts, so we made plans to eat there. 
My youngest eating her first donut hole ever
This quaint little donut shop is located in a shopping center in the White Rock Lake area of Dallas.  It looks pretty similar to any other donut shop with the exception that it has hippyesque art on the wall.  When you look at the menu on the wall, you realize that this is not your average donut stop.  They have donuts with such names as Nutella the Hun, Zoo Ropa, Salvation, Peace, Mexico, etc.   They also have a wide variety of biscuits and chicken biscuits.
The Turtle and a chocolate donut
My family got some donut holes and a couple of donuts with sprinkles.  I chose a chocolate donut and one called the Turtle, which was a chocolate cake base donut that had ½ chocolate icing and ½ caramel icing.  I consider myself to be a connoisseur of donuts, and both of these were absolutely outstanding.  I also ordered Maribeth’s chicken biscuit, which had tator tots and peppered gravy on the chicken biscuit.  When it arrived, it was absolutely huge (about the size of a double quarter-pounder with cheese).  Eating one of these will make you reconsider your daily breakfast routine.  I actually considered the fact that if I woke up 90 minutes earlier every day, I could realistically make a trip here every morning before work.  With all do respect to Mr. Cathy and Chic-fil-A, this was the best chicken biscuit I have ever had.
Maribeth's Chicken Biscuit
My entire family absolutely loved this place.  Even though it is about a 30 minute drive from our house, we will be going back again here in the near future.  The donuts may have been the best donuts I have ever had and the chicken biscuit was out-of-this-world amazing.  I give Hypnotic Donuts an 5 on my 5-point scale.  I highly recommend a trip to this place for breakfast!

Hypnotic Donuts
9007 Garland Road
Dallas, TX
Livin the Good Life Rating=5

Hypnotic Donuts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment