Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Eno's Pizza Tavern


Add caption
On a beautiful Sunday morning, my family and I decided to take a trip down to the Bishop Arts District again and try a place we have wanted to try for a while.  We arrived around 11:45 and the area was already packed, so we had to park on side street and hoof it.  Our culinary destination today was Eno’s Pizza Tavern.  Several of our friends have recommended this place, so we were eager to try the pizza.
Upstairs dining area
After walking about a half mile in the heat, I was anxious to sit down in some air conditioning.  When we arrived the hostess said we could take a seat anywhere, so my oldest daughter requested we sit upstairs.  As I looked up at the steep staircase and remembered the long walk, I immediately knew that I would not be doing any cardio workouts when we returned home.
My youngest enjoying our view of Bishop Ave.
We finally sat down at a table that had a window and a great view of Bishop Ave.  After having a few glasses of water and re-hydrating, I was able to browse the menu.  For starters we ordered the roasted bread with gastro butter and I ordered the soup du jour, which was baked potato.  The bread and butter were absolutely phenomenal.  It was a large order and I could not stop eating this bread.  The baked potato soup was pretty average and served in a tall cup with a shallow soup spoon, which made it hard to eat.
The roasted bread was a hit. 
The baked potato soup....not so much.
For pizzas, my wife chose the Moma’s Pie, which had tomato, herbs, olive oil, and basil.  I ordered the iPie and added the grass-fed beef and some Benton’s ham.  My pizza was delicious and perfectly cooked.  The only thing I had to complain about was the Benton’s ham was a little too salty for my taste.  I somehow ended up eating my whole 14-inch pizza, despite the fact I had already had soup and a loaf of bread.  My wife said her pizza was great as well.
Moma's Pizza
1/2 beef and 1/2 Benton's ham
Eno’s definitely lived up to expectations and we will add it to our restaurant rotation.  It is a fun place to take kids, but would also be an enjoyable place to go eat with friends.   In addition to great pizza, they had several pasta dishes that looked good and I will definitely be trying those on the next trip.

Eno’s Pizza Tavern

Livin the Good Life Rating=4
Eno's Pizza Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment