Monday, May 27, 2013

Family Field Trip to Klyde Warren Park and the Perot Museum of Nature and Science

My wife and I were both lucky to have a four day weekend last week, so we decided we would spend Friday taking the kids on a field trip.  We had originally planned to go to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science at 10 a.m.  I also thought I would be smart and buy my tickets online so we didn't have to wait in line.  What I didn't plan on and what I didn't notice until we got to the museum, was that the tickets had times on them and we were two hours early.  Luckily, we were just a few blocks from Klyde Warren Park, so we headed that way.  My oldest daughter had a blast, but I would have been miserable if I was there without kids.  It was probably the warmest day of 2013 so far and the humidity was in excess of 90%.  Thankfully, they had food trucks to feed me and ease my stress as we waited the two hours for our museum time.  I chose to get a sandwich from Ruthie's Rolling Cafe.  This blog post will be primarily a photo edition and I will let the photos tell the story.
Viewing deck
My oldest daughter enjoying the view.
Enjoying a spin
Outdoor Library
Hitching a ride with her little sister
Great view
An abundance of food trucks
I love food trucks, but I will pass on sushi from a food truck
Ruthie's Rolling Cafe
The Turkey Trot (Sourdough, Sharp Cheddar, Turkey, and Bacon) from Ruthie's Rolling Cafe
Noon finally arrived and I was much happier when we finally got to step foot inside the Perot.  Air conditioning was much appreciated after a hot day at the park.  I must say that I was very impressed with the Perot.  It is a far cry from the American Museum of Natural History or the National Museum of National History, but it had a lot more kid friendly activities.  I highly recommend this place to parents looking for a place to take their kids.
The Perot Museum of Nature and Science
View going up the escalator
Shopping in the 5 and under play area
Camping scene
First thing you see as you enter the museum
Big turtle
"Mommy, take our picture in front of the T-rex!"
Footprint
My oldest picked this as her souvenir
And a treat for dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment