Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Micheladas Cafe y Cantina

I was craving Mexican food on my last evening in Austin and my buddy said that Mexican sounded good to him. There are several choices in the downtown area, but many of them are chains.   I wanted to dine at a restaurant that we do not have in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so I asked the concierge at our hotel which restaurant he recommended .  He recommended Michelada's Cafe y Cantina and told us that it was only a couple blocks away from the hotel.
Green Chile and Corn Crab Dip
We landed at Michelada's within minutes and sat down to look over the menu.  For a starter, we ordered a crab dip that included corn and green chiles.  At first bite, I was in love.  The green chiles, corn, and crab blended together to make one of the most phenomenal crab dips I have ever had.  The chips and salsa were also very good, but I could no get enough of the crab dip.
Green Chile Pork Tacos
For my entree, I ordered the green chile pork tacos.  That menu item is not currently listed on the online menu, but I can assure you that they were wonderful. These very flavorful tacos were served with rice and charro beans.  The rice was pretty basic, but the charro beans were laudable.  My colleague ordered the beef enchiladas with rice and charro beans.  He gave a big thumbs up to the enchiladas and was also impressed with the beans.
Beef Enchiladas
Michelada's definitely hit the spot and fulfilled our craving for Mexican food.  In addition to the great food, the service is absolutely exceptional.  The staff fawned over us during our meal and we never had to ask for refills of water or chips.  Over the years, I have dined at dozens of Mexican food restaurants in Austin and I can honestly say that Michelada's is one of the best I have ever had in the city.  If you are in the downtown Austin area and looking for some really good Mexican food, I highly recommend Michelada's Cafe y Cantina.

Micheladas Cafe y Cantina
http://www.micheladasaustin.com/micheladas.html
Livin the Good Life Rating=4

Micheladas Cafe y Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment