Saturday, August 24, 2013

Patina Green

Disclaimer-This blog post is going to be a little different from most of my previous posts.  I am going to be talking more about an item on the menu, rather than the restaurant itself.
Patina Green has claim to the best sandwich in Texas; at least according to the Food Network.  The network rated the restaurant's Ham and Cheese Sandwich as the best in Texas.  My wife has raved about this sandwich for over and year and has begged me to try it for some time, but I have never one to go out of my way to eat a sandwich.  She frequents Patina Green and almost always gets their highly acclaimed Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Well, I finally let her talk me into eating this sandwich.  One bite of this sandwich was all it took to understand all the hype that surrounded it.  So what items make this sandwich so good?  It has ham, smoked cheddar cheese, jalapeno cheddar bread, and jalapeno peach jelly.  All of these items come from local producers in the North Texas area. 
Patina Green Ham and Cheese Sandwich
I am usually not a big fan of sandwiches, but I can tell you that I was very surprised by how amazing this sandwich actually is.  The ingredients blend into an unbelievably good sandwich.  The one item that I was skeptical about was the jalapeno peach jelly.  I love jalapenos and peaches, but I couldn't get my mind around how they would taste together.  The jelly has the sweet flavor of peaches, but also has a little kick from the jalapeno.  I obviously haven't tried every sandwich in Texas to verify that it is the best in Texas, but I can tell you that it is absolutely perfect. 

Patina Green's Ham and Cheese Sandwich
http://www.patinagreenhomeandmarket.com/real-food
Livin the Good Life Rating = 5
Patina Green Home & Market on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment