Sunday, September 29, 2013

Food and Family Fun at McKinney's 2013 Oktoberfest Celebration

My family and I recently got to attend the Oktoberfest celebration in downtown McKinney.  When my wife first proposed the idea to me, I had some reservations.  I usually don't do crowds, but I changed my mind when I viewed the Oktoberfest website and looked at all the German food that would be sold by various vendors.  

We arrived at 10 a.m. to an overcast sky and the smells of delicious food being cooked.  My girls enjoyed seeing many of the people dressed in traditional German fashion and we enjoyed watching the girls have a good time.  My oldest particularly enjoyed the petting zoo and getting her face painted.  I had a good time eating and walking around.  They had many activities for kids and adult beverages from Franconia brewery for anyone wanting to partake in liquids made from hops and barley.  I highly recommend this event to anyone wanting to go next year.  I hope you enjoy my photos of the food and the fun we had.
Elk Jalapeño Cheddar Bratwurst.  I can't begin to describe how flavorful this was.
Potato Pancakes with Applesauce.  Tasted better than they looked.
Petting Zoo 
The girls after my oldest got her face painted 
Waiting in line for the best pretzel and best strudel I have ever had.
A very large Bavarian Pretzel
Apricot Almond Strudel.  Perfect dessert before we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment