Monday, December 23, 2013

Emporium Pies

During our family outing to escape the 2013 DFW Icepocalypse, we went to downtown McKinney and enjoyed lunch at Spoons Cafe.  Following lunch, my wife and I both had a sweet tooth and decided to walk around the corner and try the new pie shop.  Emporium Pies had very recently opened up a sister location to it's popular Bishop Arts District location and we were anxious to try out this new location in Downtown McKinney.
Pie Counter at Emporium Pies
Several Dallas area publications had very high praise for this pie shop, so we had high hopes for this new location.  When we arrived, they even told us they were giving a ten percent discount to all local residents who ventured the dangerous road to come eat pie.  The location of Emporium Pies in Downtown McKinney is very "cute" according to my wife, but I was more impressed with the smell when we walked in.  The smell of coffee and pies filled the entire pie shop.
The Smooth Operator
Several delicious-sounding pies were on the menu on this particular day.  The gentleman behind the counter informed us that they had some pies that they served year-round and others that they rotated seasonally.  It was a tough choice, but I chose the Smooth Operator (French Silk Chocolate on a Pretzel Crust) and so did my oldest daughter.  My wife chose the Lord of the Pies (Deep Dish Apple Pie with Cinnamon Streusel).  We also ordered two cups of coffee and sat down to wait for our slices of pie to arrive.
Lord of the Pies
After five minute wait, our order arrived and they looked amazing.   My first bite of the Smooth Operator was the highlight of my ice-filled weekend.  I quickly devoured the rest of what was the best chocolate pie I have ever had the pleasure of eating.  My wife only gave me one bite of her apple pie and slapped my hand when I tried to get a second bite.  I am not usually a fan of apple pie, but this pie was good enough where I would eat it any day.  
My oldest daughter enjoying her pie 
My youngest daughter sneaking a piece of mommy's pie
On top of the awesome pies, the coffee was strong and had a rich flavor.  With this kind of quality desserts being served, I can see Emporium Pies becoming a frequent stop for our household.  I regret that I was not able to try all the pies on this visit, but I plan to try them all in the very near future.  I highly recommend Emporium Pies, so stop by if you are in the vicinity of the McKinney Square.

Emporium Pies
http://emporiumpies.com/
Livin the Good Life Rating = 5

Emporium Pies on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment