Saturday, December 7, 2013

Square Burger

Sundays are important to me and my family for two reasons; church and going out to eat with family following the church service.  We enjoy getting to worship as a family and enjoy getting to eat together as a family as well.  Following church, my in-laws or other family members frequently join us for lunch.  
Dining Area and Bar at Square Burger
The Square area in downtown McKinney is one of our go-to destinations due to the fact it is walking distance from our church. I have reviewed several restaurants located in this area, but I have not posted about one of my favorite burger joints in DFW; Square Burger.  I haven't been intentionally avoiding Square Burger, but there have been a lot of new restaurants opening in the area and we have been giving them a try lately.
The board where they list the daily specials not found on the menu
My party arrived at Square Burger on a recent Sunday and we were one of the first groups through the door a few minutes after 11:00 a.m.  The first thing we did was check out the daily specials because the restaurant usually has very appetizing specials that are not found on the menu.  Although several of the specials sounded good, I was here for a burger and ordered the Bacon and Smoked Cheddar BBQ Burger with a side of Spicy Onion Strings.  My wife ordered a bowl of the Pumpkin Bisque, which was one of the daily specials and a House Salad.  Others family members also ordered the Pumpkin Bisque and the Salmon Burger.
Pumpkin Bisque
House Salad
My burger arrived cooked to my specifications.  It was topped with fried onion strings and bacon.  It also included the usual lettuce, tomato, and onion, but the pickle was a fried pickle spear.  I have never put the spear on my burger because I usually gobble it up before I even start the burger.  The burger really was delicious and the spicy fried onion strings gave it the little extra flavor that made it a truly "great" burger. 
Bacon and Smoked Cheddar BBQ Burger with Spicy Onion Strings
My wife allowed me to try her pumpkin bisque and her house salad.  The bisque was very creamy and had the flavor of pumpkin pie.  Her house salad had a dressing that was a little too sweet for me, but I liked the candied cashews on the salad.  She was very pleased with her choices, but did take a couple of bites of my burger.

I have never had a bad meal while dining at Square Burger and my latest experience here was no exception.  The food was great and the service was spectacular.  Our waitress was even smiling when she had to clean up a mess when my oldest daughter spilled her Sprite.  Square Burger easily ranks in my top five DFW burger joints and I am sure I will eat here several times in 2014

Square Burger
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Square-Burger/110456025670122
Livin the Good Life Rating = 4

Square Burger on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment