Sunday, June 30, 2013

Barefoot BBQ

On a beautiful afternoon in Seaside, Florida, my wife and I visited the downtown square after a day at the beach.  On the square, there are several Windstream trailers that serve food.  I had not had lunch yet, so I decided to grab some grub while my wife and daughters went to off spend some of my hard earned money.  One of the trailers that looked good was Barefoot BBQ.  The menu looked good and it had been highly rated on a couple of sites, so I decided to give it a try.

I ordered the brisket sandwich with corn on the cob and mac and cheese.  Figuring this might not fill me up, I also ordered a bucket of ribs.  The brisket sandwich came on toasted white bread.  I had never had it served this way, but it intrigued me.  Sadly, the sandwich was absolutely one of the worst I have had.  The meat was tough and didn't have even a hint of smoke to it.  The sides were terrible as well.  I held out hope for the ribs, but they too disappointed me.  The rub was decent, but they were tough, undercooked, and didn't have any smokey flavor.
Brisket Sandwich, Corn, and Mac & Cheese 
Pork Ribs
Lesson learned.  If you want good barbecue, stick to Texas.  I have had barbecue in other places such as the North Carolina, Kansas City, and St. Louis.  Although some of it was good, nothing compares to good barbecue in Texas.  It was certainly a far cry from some that I recently had on a trip to Austin at Franklin Barbecue, John Mueller Meat Co., and Freedmen's Bar.  Barefoot Barbecue may have been the worst barbecue I have ever had.  It was so bad, it even made Dickey's and Spring Creek seem like good barbecue joints.  There are some wonderful restaurants in the Seaside area, but this is not one of them.

Barefoot BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/barefootbbq
Livin the Good Life Rating = 1

No comments:

Post a Comment