Sunday, June 9, 2013

Norma's Cafe

Norma's Cafe Frisco
This past week, Norma's Cafe opened a location in Frisco.  This restaurant has two locations in Dallas and is very popular with the residents of the city.  Norma's is heavily praised for their "home cooking" and their pies.  When we got out of church on Sunday, we made a quick jaunt down to Frisco to see what the buzz was about.
The little one was worn out after church
When we arrived, it was extremely crowded and we were told that it would be a 30 minute wait.  Since we drove all the way to Frisco, we decided to wait for a table anyway.  While waiting to be seated, I was way too close to the pie display case and it was all I could do not to dig into a piece of pie while I waited.  Luckily, we were actually seated after only 15 minutes of standing around.  The inside of the diner paid homage to "old Frisco" and had a classic diner motif.  After taking our drink orders, they delivered a basket full of delicious corn bread and hot rolls.  While chowing down on hot rolls and corn bread,  the smells coming from the kitchen were promising good things to come.
Yummy rolls and corn bread
Although they were still serving breakfast, I elected to eat lunch while my wife chose breakfast.  I got the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, corn, and black eyed peas.  The chicken fried steak was top notch, but it was a little on the small side.  The mashed potatoes and black eyed peas were the best I have had in some time, but he corn was very average.  My wife was disappointed with her breakfast of scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, and biscuits.  She didn't have a complaint about the taste, but said that her food was cold.  So needless to say, she wasn't as pleased with the meal as I was.  
Fantastic CFS
My wife chose breakfast for lunch.
After finishing my meal, I had to try to the pie.  I ordered the chocolate pie and it was served with a huge layer of meringue on top.  It looked delicious and tasted as good as it looked.  It was the perfect end to the meal.
Finishing off with some chocolate pie.
Although the location in a strip mall did not give it a classic diner feel, the service and food more than made up for this fact.  I really liked the chicken fried steak and thought it was the best CFS I have ever had in Frisco.  Yes, it was even better than Babe's CFS or the one at The Depot.  I anticipate a return visit in the near future, because I am already singing the praises of this place to my co-workers.

Norma's Cafe 
http://www.normascafe.com
Livin the Good Life Rating= 3

Norma's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment