Saturday, February 15, 2014

Landers BBQ

Social media really seems to be fueling the recent Texas barbecue craze.  I am as guilty as anyone, following several of my favorite barbecue joints and barbecue critics on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.  I like viewing pictures of barbecue as much as grandparents enjoy looking at pictures of their grandkids.  Admitting this is probably my first step towards recovery of my barbecue addiction.  
The brisket had very good flavor.
Landers BBQ is a local joint that has been getting a lot of publicity lately on Facebook and Twitter.  This barbecue trailer opened up last fall and I had seen several people commenting about it on social media, so I decided I would give it a try.  Landers BBQ has a McKinney address, but is actually located on 380 between McKinney and Princeton.
The sausage also got a thumbs up.
The day I went to Landers BBQ, it was a chilly February day and I ordered some barbecue to-go since I didn't feel like sitting outside. I ended up ordering a pound of brisket, a pound of sausage, a pound of turkey, and a side of baked beans.  The brisket had a nice bark on it and a great smoky flavor.  Although it didn't pull apart easily, it still had a great texture and was much better than your average brisket in Collin County.  I am not sure if there sausage is house-made or if they purchase it from a processor or butcher shop, but my wife and I were both very impressed with the flavor.  It had a familiar spicy taste to it, but I couldn't place it.  The turkey was somewhat disappointing, because it was processed turkey and didn't have much smokiness to it.  The baked beans were were pretty basic and had a sweet taste to them.  
Turkey 
Baked Beans
Landers BBQ has some good brisket and sausage, but I really want to try their ribs next time.  They only serve ribs on Fridays, but I have been drooling over the pictures they have posted on Facebook.  I also hear they serve a good burger, so I might have to get a burger for an appetizer on my next visit.  The brisket and sausage were certainly good enough to warrant a return trip to Landers BBQ.

Landers BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/LandersBBQ
Livin the Good Life Rating=3


No comments:

Post a Comment