Sunday, March 10, 2013

Frisco City Grill

Restaurant has closed
My mother was recently in town and we had planned on taking her to eat at Babe's in downtown Frisco, but it was packed so we decided to eat at Frisco City Grill instead.  This restaurant opened during the summer of 2012 in the old Manny's location at 7210 W. Main.  I had eaten here previously with some friends from work, but my family had never been here.
My mom and oldest daughter before we ordered
The building itself is an old house that had been previously converted to a restaurant.  It has a homey and quaint feel when you are inside.  There is also a patio area that I hear frequently hosts live music when the weather is warmer.  The tables are covered with butcher paper and the menu was pretty extensive.  When perusing the menu, you will find a little bit of everything from soups and salads to burgers, barbecue, and various fried items.
An appetizer of cheese sticks
Tortilla Soup
We had an order of cheese sticks for an appetizer and they tasted like the kind you buy at the grocery store.  I had the fried catfish with fries and mac n' cheese.  The catfish and mac n' cheese were pretty average, but the fries were terrific.  The tartar sauce was very tasty and had a little kick to it, making the bland catfish taste a little better.  My wife had the tortilla soup and was not overly impressed.  My mom had the "Chicken Fried Ribeye Steak" with mac n' cheese.  I tried some of her entree and it was very bland and very tough.  I have had school cafeteria chicken fried steak that was better than this.  My oldest daughter had the kids chicken strips and fries.  She had not complaints and ate all of her fries and most of her chicken strips.
Allegedly "Chicken Fried Ribeye Steak"
Catfish Plate
The food was not terrible, but it was far from great.  The one bright spot was the wait staff.  They were very attentive and were the reason I rated the restaurant as high as I did.  If you are in the downtown Frisco area and in the mood for this type of food, I would recommend The Depot or II Brothers Grill over this place.  In retrospect, I wish we would have endured the 45 minute wait at Babe's rather than eating here.
Perhaps the only happy diner in our group.
Frisco City Grill
Livin the Good Life Rating=1

No comments:

Post a Comment