Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pride Burger

Pride Burger
I have passed by Pride Burger numerous times in the five years I have lived in McKinney, but I have never stopped to eat.  Pride Burger is located at 103 W. University Dr. and I was on the East side of town, so I decided to stop for a burger.  Every time I have passed by, this burger joint has been crowded and the day I went was no exception.  
View from my booth in the back.
The line was about five deep when I got there, but the line moved quickly.  I ordered the double meat 1/2 pound cheeseburger combo (burger, fries, and coke) for $4.99.  You will not be able to beat that deal at any of the fast food restaurants around.  All seating is booth seating and I was able to find a booth at the back of this restaurant with a nice view of the neighboring business's solid aluminum fence.
The burger and fries arrived about 5 minutes after I ordered and I dug in.  The burger and fries were both tasty and the portions were large enough where even a fat kid like me was content when I was finished.
Double Meat Cheeseburger Combo
On a scale of 5, I would rate Pride Burger a 3.  It was good, but there are other burger joints in the East McKinney area that are much better (Baker's Drive-in and Square Burger).  The only thing that was exceptional about this place was the price.  It has been a long time since I have had a decent double meat cheeseburger combo for $4.99.  This place really was pretty decent, but if you are in the area I would recommend Baker's or Square Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment