Saturday, March 16, 2013

Off-Site Kitchen


Off-Site Kitchen is another burger joint that has been on my list of restaurants that I wanted to try. Although it has been open for a few years now, I have never been there.  The restaurant is located at 2226 Irving Blvd. in Dallas.  In 2012, The Dallas Morning News had it on its Best in DFW: Hamburgers 2012 and the foodie website, Eater.com, recently ranked it as one of The 25 Hottest Hamburgers in America Right Now. 
Menu as you walk in to the restaurant
I talked my little brother into joining me on this culinary experience and we both had high hopes for this place.  I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and he ordered the double meat cheeseburger.  We both got orders of their Russet garlic fries. We ordered and found one of the ten bar stools available for inside seating.  We apparently got there at the right time, because shortly after we arrived a line began forming outside. 
Bacon Cheeseburger and Russet Garlic Fries
We waited about 15 minutes for our burgers and fries, but the meal was well worth the short wait. The burger was absolutely delicious.  One of the things I liked most was that the onions were finely chopped and actually mixed into the burger patty.  The chopped onions added tremendously to the flavor, but didn’t overpower the taste of burger. The Russet fries were fresh and lightly seasoned with garlic.  You could taste the garlic on the fries, but it was seasoned just enough to give it only a hint of garlic flavor.
My little brother enjoying his double meat cheeseburger.
This was the third great burger joint I have tried since the start of 2013.  The burger itself was even more flavorful than Liberty Burger and Maple and Motor, but the portions at Off-Site Kitchen were much smaller than the other two places.  Even though the burger was small, I would still rate Off-Site Kitchen an 5 on a 5-point scale.   I wished I had followed my brother’s lead and ordered the double meat burger.  Hindsight is 20-20, but I will be putting this restaurant in my restaurant rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment