Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SUSHISAMBA



During a recent trip to Las Vegas, some friends and I had the pleasure of eating at some great restaurants.  SUSHISAMBA was one of the places where we dined.  One of my friends had previously dined at the location in Miami and assured us it was phenomenal sushi. There just happened to be a Vegas establishment located in in The Palazzo, which adjoined our hotel, The Venetian. Normally I am not a big fan of sushi, but I thought I would give it a try.  After eating at SUSHISAMBA, I have a new appreciation for the cuisine.
The sushi bar
While perusing the menu, we started with the Edamame.  It was really good and perfectly salted.  We then ordered the Yellowtail Seviche Crispy Tacos and the Sea Bass Rabata served with Peruvian corn.  Both were absolutely fantastic, but I was particularly impressed with the sea bass.  The tacos were great too and much different than other fish tacos I have had because they were served cold. 
Edamame
Sea Bass Rabata
Crispy Fish Tacos
For our main course we ordered the Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef Gyoza, Main Lobster Crispy Tacos, Samba Strip,  Neo Tokyo,  Bobo Brazil,  Carnaval, California Rolls, and a side of the steamed Japanese rice.  It was all amazing, but the Samba Strip (main lobster tempura, mango, tomato, chive, crispy rice, soy paper, and peanut curry) was my favorite of these.  Even though I usually don’t care for items with raw fish, the Neo Tokyo (bigeye tuna, tempura flake, and aji panca) was great too.
A5 Wagyu Beef Gyoza 
Various roll items we ordered.  My favorite was the Samba Strip at the top of the photo.
Before eating at SAMBASUSHI, I normally associated sushi with bait I would use to catch fish that I planned on cooking.  This dining experience totally changed that.  I told my wife that I enjoyed it so much, I would even be willing to try a local sushi place with her (as long as it was highly rated by local publications of course).  I would rate SAMBASUSHI a solid 4 on a 5-point scale.  On top of having great food, the service was second to none. The hostess was extremely courteous and set us up at a great booth and the wait staff was very informative while giving us terrific service.  This establishment has restaurants in Las Vegas, New York, Chicago, Miami, and London.  I most definitely plan on eating here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment