Sunday, March 17, 2013

Seasons 52

I have been eating very unhealthy this week, pigging out on burgers, BBQ, Southern Cooking, and desserts.  For a change of pace, my wife and I decided we would go on a date night and eat somewhere healthy for a change.  Seasons 52 is known for a seasonally inspired menu that prides itself on the fact that every item on the menu is less than 475 calories.  Although this chain has been in the Metroplex for a few years now, we have never had the pleasure of dining here.  We got a sitter and went on a date night to try this restaurant.

We had an early reservation and were seated immediately.  For starters, my wife ordered the Kalymnos Greek salad and I ordered a special that was on the menu for the night, Chicken and Rice gumbo.  My gumbo was great, but my wife said her Greek salad was fairly ordinary.  I ended up sharing some of my gumbo with her and she gave it her stamp of approval.
Greek Salad
Chicken and Rice Gumbo
For my entrée, I ordered the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon, cooked medium rare.  It was covered in a red wine sauce and served with cremini mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes.  My wife ordered the Grilled Line-Caught Corvina Mayan, which was one of their specials served on a warm black bean vegetable salad.  When our entrees arrived, I realized how they are able to say that all of their items were under 475 calories.  I have had pieces of steak on kabobs that were bigger than my filet and I have seen minnows that were as big as my wife’s corvina.  My steak was bland and the wine sauce was so overpowering, that I could not taste the steak.  The mashed potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms were very bland and left me less than impressed.  I tried some of my wife’s dish and it was very bland as well.
Miniature Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce
Corvina Mayan
I would rate Seasons 52 a 2 on my 5-point scale.  The gumbo was the only reason I even ranked it as high as I did.  Since they change their menu seasonally, we might try this place again and give it another chance, but it would not be one of my first choices for places to dine.

No comments:

Post a Comment