Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Torchy's Tacos

I stopped by Torchy's Tacos for breakfast a few days ago.  I was running errands in Allen, Texas and I was hungry for breakfast tacos.  I used my AroundMe app on my phone and it located a Torchy's Tacos just a few blocks from where I was.  I had never heard of Torchy's before, but I was ravenous and decided to give it a try.
The Devil Baby at Torchy's
The first thing I noticed when I walked into Torchy's was a huge devil baby with a fork hanging from the ceiling.  Did this mean the tacos were sinfully good?  I couldn't decide what kind of breakfast taco I wanted, so I ordered three (one bacon, egg, and cheese, one chorizo, egg, and cheese, and one potato, egg, and cheese).  They were surprisingly decent and the tortillas were very fresh.  My favorite was the chorizo, egg, and cheese, but the potato, egg, and cheese was a close second.  The thing I liked best about the breakfast tacos at Torchy's, was that the bacon, chorizo, and potatoes were cooked into the egg, rather than just being added after the eggs were cooked.  The salsa was not very hot, but it was flavorful.
One chorizo, egg, and cheese and one potato, egg, and cheese breakfast taco.
I would rate Torchy's a 3 on my 5-point scale and will eat hear again.  While eating breakfast there, I noticed that their lunch/dinner menu of tacos looked good as well.  Since this place is close to my house, I can definitely see myself going back here.  These tacos aren't the best I have had, but they are very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment